PR Executive - Sweden
Science & Communication – Stockholm
Join us as PR Executive and coordinate all public relations activities aimed at consumers & healthcare professionals in Sweden.
Natural Cycles is disrupting the pharmaceutical and healthcare industry by shifting power to our users - public opinion and controversies are inevitable and it is our goal to position ourselves as a thought leader in this emerging field.
We are looking for an energetic, outgoing PR professional with a strong network, 3-5 years experience in a similar role and who is positively challenged by topic areas that are hotly discussed in the media.
What you will be doing
You will be tasked with developing a media relations strategy for Natural Cycles in Sweden:
- Fielding media questions and pitching stories to the media
- Preparing media kits and seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media
- In addition to writing press releases, you prepare articles for use in various internal and external channels.
You will also support the development of strategies and the release of information to counter negative publicity and handle crisis and emergency communications.
Leveraging existing media relationships and cultivating new contacts within business and industry media, as well as attending relevant networking events is an important part of this role. Through this you will be tasked with forging relationships with journalists and key influencers and proactively cultivating relationships with influential print, digital and broadcast journalists or thought leaders within our sector.
Furthermore you will manage media inquiries and interview requests and maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting our business and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them.
Based on insights and analysis: making sure Natural Cycles remains agile by continuously initiating PR-activities that help build the brand pro-actively.
This position reports to the Head of Corporate Communication & PR.
What skills you should have
- You have a strategic mindset with a hands-on attitude and the strength and knowledge to navigate the brand through an often controversial landscape, while maintaining its integrity.
- Fluent in English and Swedish (essential requirement).
- Relevant education in PR, communications, journalism, marketing, or similar, and minimum three to 5 years’ experience in public relations, either in-house or in an agency.
- Experienced PR professional who deals well in ambiguity and thrives in fast-paced, ever-changing and challenging environment.
- Proven working experience in public relations, designing and executing successful public relations campaigns at both a local and national level .
- You must have a keen passion and interest in the digital/ healthcare field and an appreciation for the data-driven, scientific nature of Natural Cycles.
Even though we are not a political organisation, the role also demands knowledge of and interest in the politics and business context of birth control and feminism.
It’s one of the most prominent and exciting roles in the company, in which you will actively shape the conversation not only around Natural Cycles itself, but around how people all over Sweden see and think about birth control!
About Natural Cycles
Natural Cycles is a revolutionary approach to birth control and family planning, empowering women to make informed decisions. Developed initially by two former physicists, our algorithm and app is clinically tested, used to date by close to 800 000 women and we are backed by several international VC firms. Natural Cycles is located in the center of Stockholm, have a great familiar atmosphere and is a truly diverse workplace with more than 25 nationalities and 60/40 in gender diversity. Only applications sent through the website will be considered.