Data Scientist - Medical research - Based in Geneva
R&D – Genève
Data scientist - focus on medical research
Natural Cycles is one of Stockholm's hottest startups and the world's leading startup in research on contraception and fertility. Besides providing women with a life-changing tool to monitor their fertility, the application also represents a unique research platform allowing to revisit many old studies and perform entirely new clinical studies.
We are looking for a data scientist to join the medical device team in our brand new Geneva office!
What you will be doing
As part of the medical device team, you will contribute directly to improving our product, be it by optimising our unique algorithm, by adding new medical features or by increasing our understanding of our users data, and hence of women health... And much more! Things evolve quickly and new exciting ideas come up by the day!
Your primary task
With real data from thousands of women’s cycles, we now have an unprecedented and exciting opportunity of better understanding many medical conditions affecting women, such as infertility, PCOS, menopause or thyroid disorders.
- You will help us drive our research by gathering and analyzing our data
- You will work closely with our medical team and design clinical studies
- Present results at conferences, workshops, etc... and network with key stakeholders
What skills you should have
- PhD or preferably Postdoctoral experience in Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Computational Science, or similar data-analysis-heavy fields
- Programming skills in Python, R, Java or similar are required
- Strong analytical skills and creative thinking
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Take initiative, work hard and get things done
About Natural Cycles
Natural Cycles is a revolutionary approach to birth control and family planning, empowering women to take informed decisions. Developed initially by two former physicists, our algorithm and app is clinically tested, used to date by more than 600 000 women and we are backed by several international VC firms. Natural Cycles is located in the center of Stockholm, have a great familiar atmosphere and we are a truly diverse workplace with more than 30 nationalities and 60/40 in gender diversity. We are now growing our R&D department and are looking forward to an amazing 2018.
Only applications in English and through the website will be considered.