Data Scientist - Hardware developments - Based in Geneva
R&D – Genève
Data scientist - Focus on new hardware developments
Natural Cycles is one of Stockholm's hottest startups and the world's leading startup in research on contraception and fertility. Besides providing women with a life-changing tool to monitor their fertility, the application also represents a unique research platform allowing to revisit many old studies and perform entirely new clinical studies.
What you will be doing
As part of the medical device team, you will contribute directly to improving our product, be it by optimising our unique algorithm, by adding new medical features or by increasing our understanding of our users data, and hence of women health... And much more! Things evolve quickly and new exciting ideas come up by the day!
In order to have even more reliable user data, we plan to replace our basal thermometer with a device that will measure continuously during the night.
With the help from an external team:
- You will Identify appropriate sensors and components, test them and evaluate advantages and disadvantages of each;
- You will supervise the design and realisation of a prototype, and extensively test, on real women data, its performance;
- Once the prototype is sent to production, you will design a new clinical trial to evaluate on our users the efficacy of the algorithm based on the continuous temperature measurements.
What skills you should have
- PhD or preferably Postdoctoral experience in Physics, Engineering, or similar
- Strong record of hardware development
- Programming skills in Python, Java or similar are required
- Strong analytical skills and creative thinking
- Good at problem solving and able to handle loosely defined projects
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Take initiative, work hard and get things done
About Natural Cycles
Natural Cycles is a revolutionary approach to birth control and family planning, empowering women to take informed decisions. Developed initially by two former physicists, our algorithm and app is clinically tested, used to date by more than 600 000 women and we are backed by several international VC firms. Natural Cycles is located in the center of Stockholm, have a great familiar atmosphere and we are a truly diverse workplace with more than 30 nationalities and 60/40 in gender diversity. We are now growing our R&D department and are looking forward to an amazing 2018.
Only applications in English and through the website will be considered.