Head of Corporate Communication & PR
Marketing – Stockholm
Join us as Head of Corporate Communications & PR and lead the global Communications and PR work aimed at consumers & healthcare professionals.
Natural Cycles is disrupting the pharmaceutical and healthcare industry by shifting power to our users - public opinion and controversies are inevitable and it is our goal to position ourselves as a thought leader in this emerging field.
We are looking for a highly experienced, visionary leader with 5-10 years experience in leading strategic and operational Communications and PR-work across multiple countries, collaborating with internal departments, as well as external stakeholders and agencies, ensuring alignment with brand, company and business goals.
What you will be doing
- You will develop and lead execution of the strategic plan to accomplish global communication objectives and support business goals, and will lead a team of professionals to execute with excellence.
- You will develop a framework to define and ensure consistent communication of Natural Cycles’ vision, voice, and values to both an internal and external audience.
In the area of PR and Media Relations:
- You will lead the development of the global PR-strategy and tactical plan together with the marketing and medical teams and create “one voice” to the media and external stakeholders. Ensuring the global strategy is localised to specific markets if needed.
- You will identify PR-opportunities proactively and execute on plans and ad-hoc.
- You will coordinate and lead agencies in their daily work; identify opportunities and threats, guiding decision making; what contexts and conversations should Natural Cycles drive/avoid, and ensuring deadlines are met.
- You will be responsible to ensure on-brand high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media through PR-agencies.
- You will be responsible for preparing and leading crisis communication.
- You will monitor, analyse and communicate PR results, trends and conversations.
- Based on insights and analysis, you will make sure Natural Cycles remains agile by continuously initiating PR-activities that help build the brand pro-actively.
- Furthermore you will provide strategic communications support to senior leadership and other business partners on internal and external communications, and corporate reputation issues and initiatives from conception through effective delivery, and oversee crisis communication planning and response.
- You will work with the C-level management team to define the company’s positioning and messaging priorities, and will align strategy and execution across all functions to effectively support those plans.
- You are responsible for managing Natural Cycles’ brand and reputation.
- As the leader of this function, you will build, develop and mentor a team, locally and in our key countries and you will oversee third party relationships.
This position reports to the Vice President of Science & Communication.
What skills you should have
- You have a strategic mindset and the strength and knowledge to navigate the brand through an often controversial landscape, while maintaining its integrity.
- Fluent in English and Swedish.
- Relevant education in PR, communications, journalism, marketing, etc. Senior strategist who deals well in ambiguity and thrives in fast-paced, ever-changing and challenging environment.
- Proven track record in corporate communication and crisis management, strong leadership experience.
- You must have a keen passion and interest in the digital/ healthcare field and an appreciation for the data-driven, scientific nature of Natural Cycles.
- Even though we are not a political organisation, the role also demands knowledge of and interest in the politics and business context of birth control and feminism.
It’s one of the most prominent and exciting roles in the company, in which you will actively shape the conversation not only around Natural Cycles itself, but around how people all over the world see and think about birth control!
About Natural Cycles
Natural Cycles is a revolutionary approach to birth control and family planning, empowering women to make informed decisions. Developed initially by two former physicists, our algorithm and app is clinically tested, used to date by more than 600 000 women and we are backed by several international VC firms. Natural Cycles is located in the center of Stockholm, have a great familiar atmosphere and we are a truly diverse workplace with more than 25 nationalities and 60/40 in gender diversity.
Only applications in English and sent through the website will be considered.