R&D – Stockholm
Natural Cycles is one of Stockholm's hottest startups and the world's leading startup in the area of contraception and reproductive health. Innovation + disruption + passion is the best way to define our mindset and way of working! We are all about education, scientific research, transparency, innovation and creating an impact. Together with a very passionate team gathered from all corners of the world we work on changing women's lives every single day.
We are looking for a Infrastructure Engineer who wants to be a part of taking our tech stack to the next level and make Natural Cycles a global success. As an Infrastructure Engineer you will write software to support and automate our infrastructure as well as manage and plan our environment. You will work in close collaboration with the rest of the Infrastructure and developer teams to make sure we can innovate fast whilst maintaining high quality and medical compliance.
The technologies and principles we are working with
- NodeJS (TypeScript), Java
- Micro-services, message queues
- RESTful APIs (designing, providing, consuming)
- OOP principles, design patterns, functional programming
- Unit/integration testing (Jest), end-to-end testing (TestCafe)
- Cloud infrastructure: Google Cloud Platform, AppEngine, Datastore, Docker.
- Deployments, load balancing, auto-scaling
- Databases (SQL / NoSQL), backups
- Server metrics, tracing, monitoring, alerts, dashboards
- CircleCI (hosted, dockerized CI/CD)
- DevOps (software engineering culture)
- Git flow
What you will be doing
- Create tooling and reports to monitor our cloud server instances health and usage. To ensure scalability and performance of our services.
- Help to identify and fix performance issues, memory leaks, etc.
- Decrease time to identify the root causes of issues. One example would be to improve and centralize our logging, error detection, alerting systems.
- Increase stability and frequency of deployments (releases)
What skills and experience you should have
- You have a thorough understanding of modern backend development, infrastructure and tools
- You have great Java or Node.js skills
- You are familiar with the technologies and principles that are mentioned above
- You execute very well on your own but strive working in cross functional teams, communicating with team members and stakeholders is something you are used to and do well
- You have solid experience of continuous delivery and working in an agile way
About Natural Cycles
Natural Cycles is a revolutionary approach to birth control and family planning, empowering women to take informed decisions. Developed initially by two former physicists, our algorithm and app is clinically tested and backed by several international VC firms. Natural Cycles is located in the center of Stockholm, have a great familiar atmosphere and we are a truly diverse workplace with more than 30 nationalities and 60/40 in gender diversity.
Only applications in English and submitted through the website will be considered.