Commercial Director US - NYC
Business Operations – New York City
Natural Cycles is on a mission to pioneer women’s health by providing every woman with the knowledge she needs to be in charge of her health. In August 2018 Natural Cycles was cleared by the FDA as the first digital method of birth control in the U.S - a unique opportunity lies ahead to grow our lead in the space.
The mission for this role will be to lead the development & execution of our commercial strategy by driving sales as well as forming & heading up the US commercial organization. In the next 2 years, the focus will be on growth in the US.
What you will be doing
- Develop, drive & follow-up on the US commercial strategy, plan & performance
- Have a deep understanding of the market and drive local adaptation of all aspects of the product & business model (as far as reasonable and if it is seen as value creating).
- Identify and prioritize on business opportunities by following market trends, media, public & medical sector and applying well-defined prioritization criteria.
- Be an innovative force in identifying new partnerships, distribution channels & revenue streams.
- Have a deep understanding of all areas of the commercial process and optimize the sales and acquisition strategy in terms of channel mix, pricing, segmentation, targeting etc (in collaboration with the marketing & product team)
- Lead and optimize the user post-purchase experience with focus on logistics
- Prioritize resources and initiatives for the region. Advocate for the US market’s agenda, and need for resources, towards HQ and management team. Be the vertical driver of getting resources from central functions needed for achieving goals.
- Develop and lead US commercial team including:
- Business development resource with capacity to manage sales work within prioritized areas.
- Be the business lead (not competence lead) for the US team to ensure focus towards achieving the commercial objectives. The functions based locally currently include:
- PR resource (with plan for plan for the region)
- Marketing resources (with plan for plan for the region)
- Medical affairs liaison with plan for region
- Reimbursement / Public Affairs expert
- Besides the commercial responsibility, the role also includes responsibilities related to the US office and day-to-day operations.
What skills and experience you should have
- 6-12 years working experience with a US-focused background in Consumer/ DTC/ OTC Pharma or Medical Device, preferably Women’s Health or HealthTech related.
- Experience with owning a P&L, leading a team and driving plans forwards based on analytics,
- You are a do-er, a high performer who never gives up and a relationship builder
About Natural Cycles
Natural Cycles is a revolutionary approach to birth control and family planning, empowering women to take informed decisions. Developed initially by two former physicists, our algorithm and app is clinically tested and backed by several international VC firms. Natural Cycles is located in the center of Stockholm, have a great familiar atmosphere and we are a truly diverse workplace with more than 30 nationalities and 60/40 in gender diversity.
Only applications in English and submitted through the career site will be considered.