Director of Market Access & Reimbursement USA - NYC
Science & Communication – New York City
The Director Market Access and Reimbursement is responsible securing and maintaining optimal market access for Natural Cycles in the U.S.. Reporting to the VP Science & Communications, the Director Market Access & Reimbursement will lead development and execution of the reimbursement and pricing strategy, evidence generation to support the value proposition, payer and government policy and contracting, and managed market operations. He/she will develop US payer access & reimbursement launch strategies and solutions that ensure broad market access and reimbursement for Natural Cycles by US payors including national and regional plans and government payors.
In August 2018 Natural Cycles was cleared by the FDA as the first digital method of birth control in the U.S. Therefore no established reimbursement pathways exist, the main objective of this role is to identify reimbursement opportunities and collaborate with relevant stakeholders to develop new pathways for reimbursement of digital methods of birth control.
What you will be doing
- Establish and execute the market access strategy for Natural Cycles, including value proposition, pricing, reimbursement, coding, and contracting
- Drive the development of the global value dossier and payer submissions (core value dossiers, evidence plans/health economic studies, health economic models) to demonstrate the economic, societal, and humanistic value of Natural Cycles
- Lead development of evidence-based economic value messages to communicate the value story to payers, healthcare providers and other decision-makers
- Oversee the design, development and execution of access programs, resources, and pull-through tactics with payers and strategic accounts
- Develop contracting strategy and negotiate terms and conditions of contracts to optimize patient access to Natural Cycles
- Collaborate with regulatory affairs, thought leaders, and professional societies to develop a coding strategy to optimize the reimbursement potential for Natural Cycles among key stakeholders
- Work closely with Medical Affairs and Business Development to develop tailored tools that can best demonstrate the values of Natural Cycles to US payers
- Lead development of plan, submissions, and interactions execution to obtain appropriate reimbursement codes
- Develop process flows and standard operating procedures to integrate and streamline reimbursement services and product distribution.
- Develop targeted market access promotional materials for different payor archetypes and align with brand strategies
Who you are & What experience you should have
- Bachelor's degree. MBA, PharmD, MSc in Economics, Finance or Health Policy preferred.
- 7+ years market access and managed markets experience in the US, rom the pharmaceutical industry / medical device / specialty pharma, healthcare field
- Proven experience in developing reimbursement strategies and obtaining reimbursement codes for new product launches in the U.S.
- Experience developing global value dossier and developing HEOR from a broad range of therapy areas to ensure value proposition achieve objectives among payer relationships
- U.S. market access launch experience (strategy development and hands-on implementation)
- Proven track record identifying product advantages in the context of market requirements and turning them into impactful value propositions and value stories to payers and health systems
- In-depth understanding of pricing, HEOR, HTA, National Service Frameworks, health care systems, payer trends and market access pathways
- In-depth understanding of clinical development as well as the regulatory, legal environment of the pharmaceutical/medtech industry, demonstrated integrity on work-related compliance considerations, and solid ethics
- Strong strategic thinking skills, ability to scenario plan, craft strategic options, prioritize and problem solve
- Strong negotiation / influence skills and the ability to work at a peer-level with experienced technical and commercial experts in other functions
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate complex information in a convincing way to non-technical audiences
- Displays business acumen to constructively challenge and collaborate with marketing and clinical colleagues
- Experienced and adept at navigating international, multilingual and cross-functional organizational matrices and work effectively
- Knowledge of the therapeutic area Women’s Health is a plus
- Energetic, committed and driven team player with a can-do attitude and a goal-oriented mindset
- Strong priority setting skills. Balancing quality with speed of execution and value of output.
- Must be able to organize, prioritize, and work effectively in a constantly changing environment
- Interpersonal skills to build strong internal and external networks at all levels
About Natural Cycles
Natural Cycles is a revolutionary approach to birth control and family planning, empowering women to take informed decisions. Developed initially by two former physicists, our algorithm and app is clinically tested and backed by several international VC firms. Natural Cycles is located in the center of Stockholm, have a great familiar atmosphere and we are a truly diverse workplace with more than 30 nationalities and 60/40 in gender diversity.
Only applications submitted through the website will be considered.