Developer Manager - Backend
R&D – Stockholm
Natural Cycles is one of Stockholm's hottest startups and the world's leading startup in the area of contraception and reproductive health. Innovation + disruption + passion is the best way to define our mindset and way of working! We are all about education, scientific research, transparency and creating an impact. Together with a very passionate team gathered from all corners of the world we work on changing women's lives every single day.
We are looking for a Developer Manager to head up our Backend team. Natural Cycles is a fast growing startup and we are looking for someone that wants to be part of taking this company to the next level. As an engineering manager your first responsibility will be to grow and lead a team of backend engineers. This includes recruiting, onboarding and growing people as well as making them strive in their teams and in their careers. You will also actively contribute to our code and be part of driving technical decisions around our tech stack.
What you will be doing
- Build up and lead a team of backend developers by mentoring, coaching and leading the members in your team
- Grow a healthy engineering culture where collaboration and quality goes first
- Contribute to our tech stack and be part of driving technical decisions for our backend strategy
- Be a cornerstone in our development team and contribute to make sure we deliver the right thing in a timely way
- Be part of Engineering leadership and together with the other leaders you will play a key role of developing the R&D organisation and way of working forward.
The technologies and principles we are working with
- NodeJS (TypeScript), Java
- RESTful APIs (designing, providing, consuming)
- OOP principles, design patterns, functional programming
- Unit/integration testing (Jest), end-to-end testing (TestCafe)
- Cloud infrastructure: Google Cloud Platform, AppEngine, Datastore, Docker.
- CircleCI (hosted, dockerized CI/CD)
- DevOps (software engineering culture)
- Git flow
We work in cross functional teams and apply agile practices such as every team have a PO, a prioritized backlog, daily stand ups and do small iterative development and deployment cycles.
What skills and experience you should have
- You have experience in leading, managing, coaching and mentoring software developers
- You have a thorough understanding of modern backend development, infrastructure and tools
- You have good knowledge of Node.js, Java or similar server-side language
- You have experience from recruiting, onboarding and career development of engineers
- You have experience of continuous delivery and test driven development and are used to work in an agile way
About Natural Cycles
Natural Cycles is a revolutionary approach to birth control and family planning, empowering women to take informed decisions. Developed initially by two former physicists, our algorithm and app is clinically tested and backed by several international VC firms. Natural Cycles is located in the center of Stockholm, have a great familiar atmosphere and we are a truly diverse workplace with more than 30 nationalities and 60/40 in gender diversity.
Only applications in English and submitted through the website will be considered.