Health Data Scientist - Geneva
Science & Communication – Genève
Join Natural Cycles to lead groundbreaking research on contraception and fertility!
Natural Cycles is one of the world's leading startups driving research at the intersection between technology and healthcare, focussing on Women’s Health. Besides providing women with a life-changing tool to monitor their fertility, the application also represents a unique research platform which allows us to revisit established benchmark studies and perform entirely new clinical studies. Research is in our DNA and therefore represents a large part of our current focus and future plans.
We are looking for a Health Data Scientist who will help us drive our research and analyse our data - it's a unique opportunity to do research in a start-up environment.
You will also work closely with the medical affairs, regulatory, communication and product teams by fetching and analysing relevant datasets.
What you will be doing
Clinical product performance and data infrastructure:
- Develop clinical product performance strategy incl. KPIs, process, analysis documentation, records & dashboards.
- Set up data infrastructure that allows to independently & anonymously perform research on the database. Ensure that records are kept throughout the whole process - from database version number used, KPI definition used, scripts used, results generated.
- Monitor clinical product performance, e.g. contraceptive effectiveness per country or algorithm accuracy per cycle characteristics.
Scientific publication & communication:
- Publish results of clinical performance in peer-reviewed journals (when relevant) or in internal notes. Write paper from start to end and iterate with medical affairs team and medical advisors.
- Go to person for ad-hoc analysis & reports in order to address questions from medical community or journals
- Present at conferences & congresses
Regulatory (FDA, EU competent authorities, Notified body):
- Perform product performance analysis specifically aimed for regulatory submissions in the US, EU, China & other markets. Communicate results to authorities
- Maintain and develop scalable, automated reporting structures to health authorities (e.g. report set of KPIs related to product usage & performance)
- Present and defend your monitoring process, documentation and dashboards during regulatory audits.
- Analyze performance of new, medical product features beyond contraception (infertility, menopause)
- Maintain and update relevant data analysis & tracking infrastructure with new software or feature updates
You will work in a cross functional environment and particularly involved in regulatory, product development & communication.
What skills and experience you should have
- Minimum PhD, equivalent to 4+ years in research, from any field in which data analysis & statistics play the central role (Physics, Biology, Medicine, Economics, …).
- Data analysis & statistics are your core strengths.
- Experience at managing PhD or Master students and working in collaborative environment.
- Track record of scientific publishing in high impact journals and oral presentation at international congresses
- Excellent communicator in both written and spoken English
- Affinity for writing reports and papers
- Attention to detail
About Natural Cycles
Natural Cycles is a revolutionary approach to birth control and family planning, empowering women to make informed decisions. Developed initially by two former physicists, our algorithm and app is clinically tested, used to date by more than 600 000 women and we are backed by several international VC firms. Natural Cycles is located in the center of Stockholm, have a great familiar atmosphere and we are a truly diverse workplace with more than 25 nationalities and 60/40 in gender diversity.
Only applications in English and sent through the website will be considered.