Head of Science - Geneva / NYC
Science & Communication – Genève
Join Natural Cycles to lead groundbreaking research on contraception and fertility!
- This position will be located in our Geneva or New York City offices-
Natural Cycles is one of the world's leading startups driving research at the intersection between technology and healthcare, focussing on women’s health. Besides providing women with a life-changing tool to monitor their fertility, the application also represents a unique research platform which allows us to revisit established benchmark studies and perform entirely new clinical studies. Research is in our DNA and therefore represents a large part of our current focus and future plans.
We are looking for a Head of Science to lead a team of scientists (2-4 people), and be responsible for developing and implementing a high-impact research strategy and communicate science via high-impact journals, regulatory submissions and general scientific communication
What you will be doing
- Develop and maintain research plan (in collaboration with medical affairs & regulatory).
- Manage and expand a team of data scientists to execute on research plan, achieving high quality with high output.
- Develop & maintain relationships with external researchers & institutions to gather feedback on research and manage research collaborations.
- Publish findings in peer-reviewed journals (min. 4 high quality papers/year).
- External communication of research and be company’s spokesperson on research topics (e.g. as speaker at national & international congresses, blog posts, opinion pieces).
- Internal communication of research results and data findings (e.g. internal notes, staff training, develop and/or QA marketing content)
- Contribute to product development (e.g. design trials to analyze performance of new, medical product features beyond contraception, input to product strategy)
- Contribute to regulatory submissions and other market access activities (e.g. reimbursement).
- Design and optimize procedures with regards to clinical studies (e.g. trial protocol, ethics approval, records maintenance of previous analysis, QA)
- Design and optimize procedures on clinical product performance and vigilance (e.g. monthly monitoring of contraceptive effectiveness, trend reporting to authorities).
What skills and experience you should have
Research at Natural Cycles revolves around women’s health and mainly related to contraception & fertility.
- PostDoc within epidemiology, public health, development economics or any other field, in which data analysis & statistics play the central role. Data analysis & statistics are your core strengths.
- Track record of high impact publications: at least 20 papers with a total of more than 1000 citations, incl. first author publications.
- Highly engaged in scientific communication and passionate about pioneering women’s health through company-led efforts.
- Excellent communicator (scientific English) - both in writing and orally.
- Output oriented and pragmatic, able to balance speed and quality and with a commercial mindset
- Takes initiative and develops ideas, works independently and gets things done
- Energetic, dedicated and driven team player with a can-do attitude
About Natural Cycles
Natural Cycles is a revolutionary approach to birth control and family planning, empowering women to take informed decisions. Developed initially by two former physicists, our algorithm and app is clinically tested, used to date by more than 800 000 women and we are backed by several international VC firms. Natural Cycles is located in the center of Stockholm, have a great familiar atmosphere and we are a truly diverse workplace with more than 30 nationalities and 60/40 in gender diversity.
Only applications in English and submitted through the website will be considered.