Senior Backend Developer
R&D – Stockholm
Natural Cycles is one of Stockholm's hottest startups and the world's leading startup in the area of contraception and reproductive health. Innovation + disruption + passion is the best way to define our mindset and way of working! We are all about education, scientific research, transparency and creating an impact. Together with a very passionate team gathered from all corners of the world we work on changing women's lives every single day.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Developer who wants to be a part of taking our tech stack to the next level and make Natural Cycles a global success. As a Senior Backend Developer you will, together with our architect, take lead on technical decisions for our backend strategy, scale up our services and make sure we can innovate fast whilst maintaining high quality and medical compliance.
What you will be doing
- Be a cornerstone in our development team and play a key part in developing our core applications
- Guide the teams on how to scale up our product whilst remaining fast, reliable and secure by showing by example
- Take a leading role as we grow and are willing to mentor other engineers
- Form our backend strategy and way of working together with the teams.
- Collaborate with an amazing team of developers, designers, researchers, analysts and product managers.
- Improve and automate monitoring and operational processes for our systems
Our technical plans and engineering culture include
- Ensure highest quality, performance and security of the product
- Scale up our backend architecture as we grow
- Improve our coverage of automated tests
- Make working together fun & efficient by allowing everyone to take initiative and contribute to the success of the company and product
- Allow everyone to participate in technical decisions
- Encourage learning and sharing
- Move towards emerging new industry standards when they become mature and stable
- Contribute to the open-source community by publishing reusable parts of the code
The technologies and principles we are working with
- NodeJS (TypeScript), Java
- RESTful APIs (designing, providing, consuming)
- OOP principles, design patterns, functional programming
- Unit/integration testing (Jest), end-to-end testing (TestCafe)
- Cloud infrastructure: Google Cloud Platform, AppEngine, Datastore, Docker.
- CircleCI (hosted, dockerized CI/CD)
- DevOps (software engineering culture)
- Git flow
What skills and experience you should have
- You have a thorough understanding of modern backend development, infrastructure and tools
- You have great Java or Node.js skills
- You are familiar with the technologies and principles that are mentioned above
- You execute very well on your own but strive working in cross functional teams, communicating with team members and stakeholders is something you are used to and do well
- You have solid experience of continuous delivery and working in an agile way
- You are experienced in test driven development and have also mentored other engineers in how to build high quality code with good test coverage
About Natural Cycles
NNatural Cycles is a revolutionary approach to birth control and family planning, empowering women to take informed decisions. Developed initially by two former physicists, our algorithm and app is clinically tested and backed by several international VC firms. Natural Cycles is located in the center of Stockholm, have a great familiar atmosphere and we are a truly diverse workplace with more than 30 nationalities and 60/40 in gender diversity.
Only applications in English and submitted through the website will be considered.