Senior Frontend Developer
R&D – Stockholm
Natural Cycles is one of Stockholm's hottest startups and the world's leading startup in the area of contraception and reproductive health. Besides providing women with a life-changing tool to monitor their fertility, the application is also a unique research platform yielding exciting new clinical data on a regular basis.
We are looking for a Senior Frontend Developer who wants to be a part of taking our tech stack to the next level and make Natural Cycles a global success. As a Senior Frontend Developer you will join our web team and have a key role in forming and driving decisions for our web presence strategy, architecture and performance.
What you will be doing
- Play a key part in our R&D team and drive technical decisions for our web stack.
- Work closely with our PO and designer to set the strategy to achieve our long term goals.
- Develop and maintain new functionality for our web site and web presence products.
- Ensure highest quality, performance and security of the product.
- Ensure continuous delivery of new releases while working in an agile way.
- Maintain a healthy and consistent codebase with minimised technical debt and flexibility to expand.
- Take a leading role as we grow and are willing to mentor other engineers
- Consulting other teams in R&D about frontend architecture.
- Collaborate with an amazing team of developers, designers, researchers, analysts and product managers.
What skills and experience you should have
- You should be familiar with the following technologies and principles:
- HTML5, modern CSS (SASS, LESS or similar; flexbox), markup for mobile devices (viewport, device pixels, etc)
- Responsive markup (media queries, Bootstrap, etc)
- Ajax (XHR) / HTTP / JSON client-server communication
- Wordpress theming
- You have experience of continuous delivery and working in an fast pace environment.
- You execute very well on your own but strive working in cross functional teams, communication with stakeholders and team member comes naturally to you.
- You are experienced in test driven development and have also mentored other engineers in how to build high quality code with good test coverage.
About Natural Cycles
Natural Cycles is a revolutionary approach to birth control and family planning, empowering women to take informed decisions. Developed initially by two former physicists, our algorithm and app is clinically tested, used to date by more than 800 000 women and we are backed by several international VC firms. Natural Cycles is located in the center of Stockholm, have a great familiar atmosphere and we are a truly diverse workplace with more than 30 nationalities and 60/40 in gender diversity.
Only applications in English and submitted through the website will be considered.